Sunday, February 19, 2012

How to Fix a Bad Day, Laine-Style

Hey kids!

Crappy days happen to all of us.  Something goes wrong at work, at school or with a friend and the whole day seem to go down the drain.  Here are some Laine-approved ways to put your day back on track and perk yourself up again.  Oh, and if you're looking for "make yourself some hot tea and cuddle with a kitten", you've got the wrong girl. 
  1. Power-walk to the ice cream parlor.  I mean, it's fail-proof.  You're doing yourself a favor by exercising, and some frozen chocolate amazingness never hurt anyone.
  2. Spend 20 minutes on Google Translate learning how to say "I just farted" in different languages.  You won't be sorry.  Take my word for it and look up the German translation...my coworker laughed so hard she peed herself.  God bless the internet.
  3. Whistle at construction workers.  They won't know what hit 'em.  And believe me, the looks on their faces are PRICELESS.  
I hope these help you out on a rough day.  If you've tried them all and nothing seems to work, go get yourself a bottle of wine and a helium balloon.  When you're a good three-quarters into the bottle of wine, try sucking in the helium  from the balloon and record a new voicemail greeting.  I'm sure your boss will love it. :)
  
XOXO
Laine

1 comment:

  1. I had to share this on my fb timeline... it's just that awesome! :) Google translate, google maps... these tools are also fantastic for cheering yourself up when you plug in random stuff.

    ReplyDelete