Wednesday, June 6, 2012

And Now I Give to You...The Lizard Story

Hi guys!

There have been many requests and/or demands for my legendary lizard story.  At long last, here it is.  Gird your loins, folks...no fairy-tale ending here. :)  (Hold on, the Barnes & Noble clerk is talking to me.  Maybe he has chocolate....Ok, I'm back.  No chocolate, just an ego the size of Texas).

Sorry, back to the story.  It was March of 2007 and I was in Kiln, Mississippi, helping out with relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina.  My job that day was to mark studs before the guys installed sheetrock.  As I was sitting on the floor, innocently doing my job, I looked over and noticed a small lizard, about the size of a gecko, skittering around on the floor.  He must have been a curious little guy because before I could say "Is that the gecko from the GEICO commercials?!" the lizard had jumped down the back of my pants.  Yep.  For a full 2.6 seconds, my khakis were home to a salamander.

Needless to say, I wasted no time in flailing around and digging through my trousers to find and destroy the invader.  I finally found him and tossed him on the ground, where he landed and skittered away.  I daresay my coworkers thought I was either a charismatic or demon-possessed.  One of them just patted me on the back and said, "Have some sympathy for the poor little thing.  He's just addicted to crack."

I hate to admit it, but 5 years later, that still makes me laugh. :)

XOXO
Laine

No comments:

Post a Comment