Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why I'm Not a Songwriter

What up, homies?

It's been a crazy semester thus far, and lately I've been busy putting my portfolio together.  While digging through some old files and documents, I came across a song I wrote a few years ago as a reaction to a really bad date I'd just been on. Seriously, this was like the Kanye West of dates.  Anyway, that was so long ago that I can't even remember the guy's name anymore, but his legacy lives on through the musical gem that is my masterpiece, "Fart in a Car".  Enjoy, and you're welcome. ;)

XOXO
Laine


Fart in a Car
by J. Laine Isaacs
Written at 1:55 a.m. on April 21, 2010

I knew you were a loser,
You weren't my perfect mate.
My friends asked why I went with you
Told them you were a "pity date".
We'd been out just a time or two
When you started to show your butt.
You took me out for mini golf
But I left before your first putt.

CHORUS:
I smelled you like a fart in a car,
Like a fart in a car, like a fart in a car.
I smelled you like a fart in a car
So you never got the chance to break my heart.

Now we're all through, I don't need no more,
You've had your final chance.
I'd rather get a spinal tap,
Or date a guy from France.
I told my daddy we were through,
I done did our love in.
He said, "Honey, that makes sense,

Because you have more balls than him."

No comments:

Post a Comment